Turbo Timer 4
CLICK HERE FOR THE INSTALL MANUAL
Turbo Timer 4 with Battery Saver feature
Everyone knows 18v on a kid's car is great. Every upgrade however, has drawbacks. A full-time 18v system causes 18v starts and 18v reverse. 18v starts are very hard on motors and gears, especially in grass. This causes excessive wear and will always result in shortened motor and gearbox reliability and premature failure.
The Turbo Timer family of parts helps to reduce these drawbacks by forcing the vehicle to start at 12v and get moving before allowing the full 18v. It also prevents 18v while moving in reverse.
You can use this in three different modes:
1. 'Soft Start' mode will automatically allow boost only after the vehicle has been in forward motion for 2 seconds.
2. 'Turbo Button' mode uses a momentary push button to engage the 18v after the vehicle is in motion. This mode will engage the 'turbo' for a set time and then lock out the turbo function for a set time. These times are adjustable.
3. 'Lockout' mode allows you to completely disengage the 18v system for drivers who are not experienced enough for the additional speed. Great for younger siblings or those pesky neighbor kids.
If you're running at 18 volts, you need this. Here's the overview:
- Enjoy the increased speed of 18V while keeping 12v starts and 12v reverse
- Prevent excessive wear on your motors and gear boxes
- Prevents chatter on your turbo relay
- Use with or without a 'turbo button'
- 'Soft Start' mode allows 12v start and automatically engages 18v after two seconds
- Lockout mode allows adults to disable the turbo function for younger riders
And the new function of the Turbo Timer 4 is the Battery Saver feature! This handy function will turn off accessories (lights, fans, radio, etc) after 5 minutes of no activity on the throttle pedal.
Still have questions if this is right for your application? Send us a message and we'll help you decide.
This product is not for use in toys with a factory circuit board. Applying 18v to a factory circuit board WILL cause it to fail. Experienced users can find a way around this, however we do not supply that information.
Items you will need that are not included
with the module are:
- Two 12v SPDT Automotive Relays (available in the accessories section!)*
- a 12 volt battery and a 6 volt battery with matching AH ratings (important)
- Wire (10-14 AWG) and connectors of your choice
*one relay is for the 18V system, and one for the battery saver feature. You will also want a way to disconnect power from the module via an IGN relay/key switch set-up or a simple 5A toggle switch.