Got a lot of MIDI gear? or maybe have some GAS. Want to control more than one module or synth? Want a simple device?
Then this MIDI thru will do the trick.
What does it do?
This MIDI through device is essentially 2, separate and distinct 10 way MIDI thru devices.
Channel A is a 1 to 10 thru device
Channel B is the same
There is no noticeable signal drop or delay in it's design. This device saves daisy chaining all your keyboards i.e. linking one device to the next. It provides full signal (all the usual MIDI messages) to slave devices.
How is it powered?
Comes with 0.75m 2.1 to USB lead to power from USB source
No USB? Can also use pretty much any 5-6v DC 'wallwart' type power transformer. With a 2.1 mm female plug. Positive on the Tip of the plug.
A quality 5v USB iphone/android 1.5A+ type power supply is ideal
Please note...There is no wallwart supplied as standard with this unit.
How do I connect it?
Plug in a master controller keyboard MIDI out into the MIDI IN jack on channel A of the splitter.
Plug in slave modules, synths and drum machines etc..into the 10 MIDI thru jacks on that side
repeat for channel B
Plug in said Power adapter/USB lead.
Do you do a kit/sell PCB's?
No sorry just preassembled
Don't need that many. Do you do a 5, 7 or single 10 way?
Oh yes. Check my other sales.
Will two 10 ways do the same job?
Sure but having two units one board is a nice solution for larger MIDI setups and it's cost effective.
- Can be USB powered (best avoid cheap unpowered hubs)
- Reverse polarity protection
- DC Power LED
- MIDI signal LEDs X2
- Buffered schmitt trigger logic for high signal fidelity
- Very fast with no noticeable drop. High speed opto isolated IC design.
- IC is socketed using quality turned pin socket, so in the very unlikely event of a fail, IC is easily replaced
- Passes all relevant MIDI signals, sysex, channel etc
- Designed and built in N.Ireland by myself, an electronics enthusiast and synth nut
- Priced Competitively
- High quality reliable design, tested before dispatch.
- 3 year warranty on normal use
- Rugged RS sourced 5-pin din connectors and IC's. Not cheap Chinese knockoffs
- Dimensions 200x100mm
- Power consumption 75mA